Pensacola Scuba Events
Dive Emergency Management Workshop
Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017 at 6:00pm
Guest Speaker - Julio Garcia, RN
Program Director of Springhill Medical Center′s
Wound Care & Hyperbaric Treatment Program
- Accident Protocol
- Hyperbaric Facilities & Treatment
Representative Contact Information: Click Here
Suggested Representative Letter: Click Here
Captains Meeting at MBT Divers
Friday, June 10, 2016 at 6:00 pm
June 11th & 12th from 10am to 4pm
Click Here for Entry Form
- Diving is open to all waters within 50 nautical miles of the Pensacola Sea Buoy.
- Competition begins at 6am on Saturday June 11, 2016, and ends at 4pm on Sunday June 12, 2016. Scales will be located at the Pensacola Yacht Club, and will be open from 10am until 4pm on Saturday and Sunday. Six consecutive hours without a small craft warning issued by the National Weather Service constitute a valid tournament.
- All SCUBA diving contestants must be SCUBA certified by a recognized SCUBA certification agency and possess a valid Certification Card, which must be presented at time of registration. Contestants are responsible for and must possess all appropriate licenses and registrations.
- All SCUBA Divers must ensure that all equipment is in safe working order. All participants are responsible for their own safety.
- All fish must be speared by the diver while submerged and must be brought to the beach or boat by the diver that speared it. Fish caught by line or by means other than a spear are not eligible. Eligible fish are Red Snapper, Amberjack, Lionfish, and Grouper.
- Winning fish will be determined by weight. No ties allowed. First fish weighed wins. Decisions by the WEIGHMASTER are final!
- Only rubber powered or pneumatic spear guns, loaded by contestants muscle power will be permitted. Power heads, shark darts, or spears powered by explosive means, or chemicals, will not be permitted.
- All contestants must enter their own fish. All fish are subject to necropsy. No frozen fish accepted. Any attempt to defraud or cheat in any way will disqualify the offender and all his/her fish.
- Winners must be present at the awards ceremony or notify a tournament official personally in advance if a representative is to accept an award on their behalf.
- All protests must be submitted in writing and given to the tournament President before the awards ceremony. Decisions by the President will be final.
- All fish weighed in remain the property of the contestant. Donations for the fish fry will be greatly appreciated.
- Rules are subject to change at any time until the end of the Captains Meeting.
For more information, please see our Guns & Hoses Facebook page HERE