Pensacola Scuba Events
2018 Guns & Hoses Spearfishing Tournament
Captains Meeting - Friday, June 15, 2018 at 6:00 pm at MBT Divers.
Weigh-In - Saturday June 16th from 2:00 pm until 6:00pm & Sunday June 17th from 12 Noon to 4:30 pm
Click Here for Entry Form
- Diving is open to all waters within 50 nautical miles of the Pensacola Sea Buoy.
- Competition begins at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday June 16th, and ends at 4:30pm on Sunday June 17th. Scales will be open from 2pm until 6pm on Saturday and from 12 Noon to 4:30 pm on Sunday. Awards ceremony will begin at 5:30.
- 6 consecutive hours without small craft warnings issued by the National Weather Service constitutes a valid tournament.
- All SCUBA diving contestants must be SCUBA certified by a recognized SCUBA certification agency and possess a valid Certification Card, which must be available at all times. Contestants are responsible for and must possess all appropriate licenses and registrations.
- All SCUBA Divers must ensure that all equipment is in safe working order. All Divers are responsible for their own dive safety.
- All fish MUST be speared by the diver while submerged and must be brought to the beach or boat by the diver that speared it. Fish caught by line or by means other than a spear are not eligible.
- Winning fish in the Snapper, Grouper, Cobia, and Flounder categories will be determined by weight. Lionfish will be divided into three categories: Greatest Number, Largest Lionfish by Weight, and Largest Lionfish by Length Caught (you may NOT use the same Lionfish for Greatest Weight and Greatest Length) as judged by tournament officials.
- No ties will be considered. In cases of similar weights or numbers, first fish turned in will win. Decisions by the WEIGHMASTER are final!
- Only rubber-powered or pneumatic spear guns, loaded by contestant's muscle power, will be permitted.
Power heads, shark darts, or spears powered by explosive means, or chemicals, will not be permitted.
- All fish are subject to autopsy. No frozen fish will be accepted. Any attempt to defraud or cheat in the tournament, in any way, will automatically disqualify the offender and all his/her fish.
- All contestants must enter their own fish.
- Winners must be present at the awards ceremony, or notify a tournament official personally in advance if a representative is to accept an award on their behalf.
- All protests must be submitted in writing and given to the tournament President before the awards ceremony. Decisions by the President will be final.
- All eligible species weighed in will remain the property of the contestant. Donations for the fish fry will be greatly appreciated. All Lionfish turned in will become the property of the tournament to be used for research purposes.
- Tournament rules are subject to change until the end of the captains meeting.