Rescue Diver Course
Finished your advanced, and wondering “what’s next”? Wanting to become a dive leader? The SDI Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist and administer the necessary first aid in the event of an emergency. It is for any certified advanced diver looking to advance in dive training.
Become qualified to enroll in:
- The SDI Master Diver Program
- The SDI Divemaster Course
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Current CPR, first aid and oxygen (O2) provider (where local law permits) certification
- Advanced Adventure Diver or equivalent OR Open Water Diver Certification with 40 logged open water dives
- *Note: CPR, first aid and oxygen provider courses may be combined with the rescue program by qualified instructors.
SOME OF WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN
Prevention and causes of diving accidents
- Stress and psychological factors
- Physical conditioning
- Surface drowning syndrome
- Self rescue
- Diver assists
- Surface and underwater rescues
- Types of transports
- In-water artificial respiration
- Boat and shore exit techniques
- Diver first aid
- Review of oxygen administration
Hyperbaric injuries and management
- Information collection
- Access to a hyperbaric chamber
- Access to emergency transport/assistance
- Accident reporting
- Liability and related legal considerations
- Identify and assist a diver simulating
- Breathing difficulties
- Leg cramp
- Early panic symptoms
- Locate and bring to the surface a diver simulating unconsciousness to the surface from approximately 20ft/6m
- Upon surfacing, transport the unconscious diver 150ft/50m to the shore or boat, simulating in-water rescue breathing
- Removing unconscious diver from water
$249 - Includes books, pool and open water training, instructor fees, air fills (additional charge for nitrox), and administrative fees.
You will be required to provide your own SCUBA equipment for the advanced class. For those of you who do not own their own gear, MBT Divers offers a ONE time charge for the renting for the full class.
See Advanced Adventure Diver for required equipment.
There is no deadline or specific time requirement for signing up for any of our courses, however we recommend that you sign up for courses as early as possible to reserve your spot and provide time to preview the course materials. All course fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.